PhD Student Vacancy for Explainable Artificial Intelligence
About the Project
Personalized Explainable AI for Decentralized Agents with Heterogeneous Knowledge (EXPECTATION) is funded by The Scientific and Technological Research Council Of Turkey in the framework of CHIST-ERA multi-lateral research program.
We plan to develop models and mechanisms to reconcile sub-symbolic, symbolic, and semantic representations leveraging on the agent-based paradigm. In particular, the proposed approach combines inter-agent, intra-agent, and human-agent interactions to benefit from both the specialization of ML agents and the establishment of agent collaboration mechanisms, which will integrate heterogeneous knowledge/explanations extracted from efficient black-box AI agents. The project includes the validation of the personalization and heterogeneous knowledge integration approach through a prototype application in the domain of food and nutrition monitoring and recommendation, including the evaluation of agent-human explainability, and the performance of the employed techniques in a collaborative AI environment.
We are looking for a PhD or Postgraduate student to work together on the following fields:
- Recommendation systems
- Natural Language Processing
- Semantic reasoning
- Data governance
- Human-robot interaction
We expect you to actively participate in the following tasks:
- Conducting high-quality research within the project
- Presentation of research findings at workshops and conferences
- Publication of scientific papers in peer-reviewed international journals
- Collaborate strongly with all consortium partners
- Participate actively in joint EXPECTATION activities
- Specialization in artificial intelligence or related field
- Written and oral fluency in English
- Minimum of 2.90 GPA in undergraduate education and minimum of 3.50 GPA in master’s degree.
- Majority of PhD education courses have already been completed.
Conditions of employment
- Remote work
- Monthly 3500 TL for Ph.D. - 4000 TL for postgraduate
If you are planning to pursue your PhD. studies at Ozyegin University, additional funds are available: https://www.ozyegin.edu.tr/en/graduate-school-engineering-and-science/financial-aid
For more information about vacancy, you can contact Dr. Reyhan Aydoğan, Assistant Professor (email@example.com).
For official applications, please fill out the following application form:
You need to upload the following documents during the application process:
- Motivation letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Transcripts of BSc and MSc degrees
- Proof of language skills if applicable
- Published studies